We are proud to offer both inpatient and outpatient therapy to those in our care and in the surrounding communities. Our facility provides an experienced rehabilitation team that is committed to providing outstanding results and excellent quality of care. Residents are empowered through individualized programs to reach goals of increased independence and ability. Resident families are also encouraged to participate in therapy sessions, caregiver education, and training.
We offer an on-site therapy gym and therapeutic pool providing multiple therapies to get residents back to their optimal self. We also offer specialized therapists who can provide advanced care for the following:
- Neuro-developmental treatment (NDT) for our brain and stoke injured patients
- Joint replacement
- Decreased muscle strength
- Pain disorders
- Motor control
- Pulmonary endurance
- Postural awareness and alignment
- Neurological conditions
- Back disorders/pain management
Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving the resident’s highest functional level of independence. Physical therapy focuses on identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as future injury prevention. Following evaluation, our experienced physical therapists develop an individualized treatment program. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Increase strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increase motor control for a resident who has suffered a stroke
- Improve coordination, balance and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improve overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Pain management
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the resident
Our professional occupational therapists use task-directed activities in the treatment of our residents whose functional abilities, daily activities and independence have been impaired by illness, injury or aging.
Occupational therapy assists our residents in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists may work with residents who have debilitating arthritic conditions or those with difficulty bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living. They assist residents with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking, etc.
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Our speech therapists provide a range of interventions to assess and help restore abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing and cognition. Treatment programs are designed to help residents affected by stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders. Our professionals also work with residents suffering from hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills: memory, problem-solving, and abstract reasoning
- Resident and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing
We apply the physical properties of water to therapeutic modalities and exercise prescriptions to help rejuvenate and rehabilitate the body. Water becomes the treatment table, the massage applicator, the pain-reducing stimulator, and the exercise gym as part of an individually tailored, comprehensive therapy treatment plan.
Aquatic therapy benefits:
- Water heated to therapeutic temperatures relaxes and massages muscles to reduce pain and tension.
- Buoyancy decreases weight-bearing stresses placed on joints, which often minimizes or eliminates pain and improves range of motion.
- Hydrostatic pressure increases cardiovascular efficiency and can help decrease swelling or edema.
- The viscosity of water provides resistance for strength training in all directions of movement.
- The body’s positional awareness is enhanced, which reinforces good posture and assists in balance training.
- Aquatics’ is a fun alternative to traditional exercise methods increasing and improving participation and outcomes.